A wedding day is all about the happy couple, their love, their vows, her dress… But there’s one little princess (or a couple of them if you’re lucky) who will be vying for centre stage in her own gorgeous gown on the day, and who are we to deny her her first memory of being in the spotlight?! Many little bridesmaids, no matter how young they are, will look back fondly on this day for years and years to come (I know I remember when I thought I was the bee’s knees strutting up the aisle in my flower girl dress – and crying my eyes out when I was told I had to take it off for bed that evening!)
Flower girls are traditionally dressed in white or ivory, but of course as with everything in weddings today, you can choose whatever colour you want! There are plenty of places to find gorgeous flower girl gowns, and a great time to do so is during the sales – just remember that kids can shoot up in a matter of a few months! Designers such as Nicki MacFarlane (who crafted the prettiest dresses for the Royal Wedding in 2011) have created entire ranges of dresses just for weddings (which are available from Myrtle Ivory in Dublin) while many high street stores such as Debenhams, Monsoon, Dunnes Stores and BHS stock pretty party frocks in a variety of styles, prices, sizes and colours. If you’re looking for something unique and super special check online at Etsy.com. For inspiration, check out our pick of adorable flower girl gowns below!
Tip! For full looks and styling tips including where to get some adorable accessories, check out our Flower Girl – Steal her Style post from earlier in the summer!
Main image: Ava Madison Boutique, Etsy.com €36.99
1. Pink velvet petal embellished dress with bow detail
2. Long Lace and Tulle Pink Sparkle Dress
3. Silk ‘Mirabelle’ Dress with Frill Neck, Nicki MacFarlane, from £295 | 4. Silk ‘Juliette’ Dress with Heart Cutout Back, Nicki MacFarlane
5. Tulle Petal Dress with 3D Flower Details, Monsoon €85.00 | 6. White Tulle Dress with Cascading Roses, Monsoon €78.00
7. Lace Ruffle Champagne Dress from Posh Peanuts on Etsy, €34.68
8. Tulle Cover Burgundy Young Bridesmaid Dress, BHS £40 | 9. Pretty Ballerina Style Dress with Corsage, BHS £50
10. Long Coral Young Bridesmaid Dress from Alexanders Bridal Dublin
The following two tabs change content below.
Former editor, current contributor, (she just can't let go!) Karen enjoys writing fashion but is known to dabble in decor from time to time. Her favourite section on the site is the Real Wedding section, followed closely by the Health & Fitness forums.