If you’ve been lurking around wedding blogs long enough, you’ll have noticed that everything changes in wedding fashion, everything that is, except the tried and tested Mother of the Bride outfit. The traditional take on stylish MOBs is a rather formulaic one – take one below-the-knee silk satin dress, add a matching bolero and finish with a sparkly bag and shoe combo, fascinator optional. Of course this is a well known formula for MOB style because it works so well – comfortable, elegant, timeless… Thing is, what if your mom’s not the traditional MOB type? Can she don a pantsuit? Push the bar out with some prints? Go casual with some chic separates? Of course she can! Today however we’re not going to go full-on fashionista with our stylish MOB outfits (we’ll leave that for another day), but rather have simply added a twist to the traditional to show MOBs how things can be shaken up and still look elegant and timeless.
1. Niamh O’Neill Eleanor Dress at Olivia Danielle | 2. Jon Richard pearl drop earrings at Debenhams | 3. Pink Lena from Phase Eight | 4. Fascinator by Palles Millinery | 5. Low heel ivory lace shoes by Pink Paradox at Debenhams
1. Erdem houndstooth top from Net a Porter | 2. Cat eye sun glasses from ASOS | 3. Black lace pencil skirt from Quiz at Debenhams | 4. Tweed jacket from Karen Millen | 5. Fascinator by Palles Millinery | 6. Karen Millen shoe boots
My Fair Preppy Lady
1. Herve Leger mesh top from Net a Porter | 2. Grid print A-line skirt from Topshop | 3. Sky blue statement necklace from ASOS | 4. Fascinator by Palles Millinery | 5. Gold glitter manicure | 6. Gold ‘Repetti’ shoes from Debenhams | 7. White bouquet
La Nouvelle Femme Fatale
1. White duster coat from Topshop | 2. Floral print clutch from Faith at Debenhams | 3. White fascinator hat from Phase Eight at House of Fraser | 4. Pink shoes from Phase Eight | 5. Gina Bacconi lavender dress from McElhinneys Occasion Wear and Vanity Fair Boutique
1. Bracelet from Jon Richard | 2. Jasper Conran white hat from Debenhams | 3. Silver clutch from Debenhams | 4. Pearl earrings from Jon Richard | 5. Silver strappy sandal from Quiz | 6. Metallic grey dress and jacket from Zeila, available at McElhinneys Occasion Wear, Vanity Fair Boutique and Lynch’s Ladies Fashions
The following two tabs change content below.
Former editor, current contributor, (she just can't let go!) Karen enjoys writing fashion but is known to dabble in decor from time to time. Her favourite section on the site is the Real Wedding section, followed closely by the Health & Fitness forums.